Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
4 pieces chicken joints (skin removed)
10 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
2 tablespoon tomato puree
1 handful chopped herbs (basil, thyme, oregano and parsley)
2 clove garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
6 shallots (chopped)
1 cup white wine
100g sliced mushrooms
1 small courgette (diced)
3 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
2 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the chicken joints with salt and pepper. Dredge with flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Brown the chicken on both sides. Drain and set aside.
- With the remaining oil the pan, sweat the shallots and garlic. Add in mushrooms, herbs, white wine, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and sugar. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken into an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce. Cover and bake in an oven (190C/ 375F/Gas Mark 5) for 45 minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Stir in the diced courgette. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Cook in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.
Please send me on holiday to Barcelona! I’ve entered this post into Easyjet’s Barcelona Food competition!