350g British turkey fillet
½ jar Peppadew Mild whole sweet piquante peppers
2 tablespoon Peppadew sweet piquante pepper liqueur
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup Shaoxing rice wine or dried sherry
3 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked, cut into quarters)
5 cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
1 handful of wild garlic leaves (shredded) If wild garlic is not in season, use garlic chives instead.
2 tablespoon sunflower oil
100g dried thin noodles
1 clove garlic (chopped)
2 slices root ginger (chopped)
1 shallot (chopped)
½ a red chilli (chopped)
½ a green chilli (chopped)
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon soy bean paste (Optional)
Whole mixed spices:
1 small cinnamon stick
1 small star anis
4 black pepper corns
4 Sichuan red pepper corns (Optional)
1.To make the chilli paste, place garlic, ginger, shallot and chilli in a pestle and mortar or an electric grinder. Grind the mixture into a paste. Stir in soy bean paste, sesame oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
2.Cut the turkey fillet into cubes. Add in the chilli paste, mix well. Cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Cut 5 sweet Peppadew peppers into quarters and the rest into slices.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon sunflower oil in a pan. Add in marinated turkey and fry for 1-2 minutes without browning. Add in spices, soy sauce, mushrooms, rice wine, soy sauce, Peppadew liqueur and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, simmer very gently for 30 minutes.
5. Add in Peppadew quarters, tomatoes and half of the shredded wild garlic leaves. Stir well. Cover and leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced. Season to taste. Carefully remove the whole spices.
6. Cook noodles in boiling water till soft. Heat the rest of the sunflower oil in a wok. Add in sliced Peppadew pepper and wild garlic leaves. Stir for 1 minute. Add in the soften noodles and a dash of soy sauce. Mix well.
7. Divide the noodles between two warm serving plates. Spoon over with Peppadew turkey and sauce. Serve with a smile.
http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/. and www.peppadew.com food blogger competition.